Brown Rice Salad with Crunchy Sprouts and Seeds
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 cup (packed) chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1 1/2 cups mixed dried sprouted legumes (such as mung beans and lentils)
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, lightly squeezed to remove liquid
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted salted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted almonds
- Freshly ground black pepper
Purée chives, oil, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 1 tsp. salt in a food processor until smooth. Strain chive vinaigrette through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl.
Cook dried sprouted legumes in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Cover pot; remove from heat. Let stand for 3 minutes; drain. Rinse legumes under cold water to cool; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. DO AHEAD Vinaigrette and legumes can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.
DO AHEAD: Vinaigrette and legumes can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.
Add zucchini, rice, scallions, seeds, nuts, and chive vinaigrette to bowl with legumes; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.