Winter Slaw with Red Pears and Pumpkin Seeds
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Trimming a generous amount of the stem from the brussels sprouts makes it quite a bit easier to tease apart the leaves for this winter slaw recipe.
- ¼ cup fresh blood orange or regular orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 firm but ripe red-skinned pears, cut into quarters, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch small beets, trimmed, peeled, thinly shaved on a mandoline
- 4 cups mixed radicchio leaves, torn if large
- ¼ cup unsalted, roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Whisk orange juice, oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl to combine. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
Trim brussels sprouts and halve lengthwise. Remove larger leaves; place in a large bowl. Very thinly slice remaining cores; place in bowl with leaves. Add half of dressing and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Massage brussels sprouts gently to soften slightly. Add pears, beets, radicchio, and remaining dressing and toss well; season with salt and pepper. Serve slaw topped with pumpkin seeds.