Tuna Kebabs with Ginger-Chile Marinade
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, minced
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 1 1/4-inch-thick ahi tuna, cut into 1-to1 1/4-inch cubes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), cut into 1-inch squares
- 6 12-inch-long metal skewers
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk first 8 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; season to taste with ground white pepper. Transfer 3 tablespoons marinade to small bowl and reserve. Add tuna to remaining marinade in medium bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Alternate tuna cubes, bell pepper squares, and onion squares on each of 6 metal skewers. Grill to desired doneness, turning frequently, about 4 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to platter. Drizzle reserved marinade over; sprinkle with chopped cilantro.